View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #10
fauxgypsy

Question Circulating tumor cells or tumor markers?

It is late ( early?). Decadron strikes again. They have done tumor markers but is that different from what ya'll are asking? Also, my main question was more about follow up. What kind of tests did your doctors do to check for recurrence afer the surgery? How often?

Another question, If inflammation is a problem, and it appears that it may be) then does the inflammation caused by radiation not figure into this in any way? I haven't found any references to this in the research. Because if I had a another lumpectomy would it not need to be followed by radiation? As it stands now, I will not need to have radiation and it carries its own risks. By the way, inflammation of one sort or another is always a problem for me, I have irritable bowel disorder, occasional bouts of pancreatitis, TMJ and I have fibromyalgia. From my reading it seems that inflammation of any kind can be a problem. Several of the research papers I read cited allergies and ahsma ( for some reason tonight I cannot for the life of me, get my spelling right) as possibly being involved in lung metastasis.
I also understand what you are saying about the surgery and metastasis but it seems to me intuitively that if it is not there than it cannot be sending little cells out through my body. They may already be there and we cannot test every tissue but at least it will not be seeding more.
I do appreciate all of your comments.

Leslie
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote