Thread: kacey update
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
danceswithrain

kacey update

Just got a message from kacey's daughter. I had been worried as I had been undable to contact her since we got to meet share lunch in Valdez just after the 4th of July. I will go and see her has soon as I am on my feet from chemo #5. She wanted us to give the forum a update.

Hello,
This is Barb's youngest daughter, Stephanie Gildersleeve. My mom fell/collapsed down 6 stairs on July 14th. She was found by 3 of her granddaughters and a neighbor who started CPR. She is alive and ok in Providence Anchorage with a fracture of C2, T8, and left collar bone. She is breathing on her own and can move and walk. She has had a bunch of tests to figure out what she broke/injured and what is wrong with her heart. It is not related to the Herceptin. While at the hospital they discovered she had a heart attack which may have caused the fall or was caused by the fall and lack of oxygen. The doc says we will probably never know. She wanted us to email everyone on this forum that she usually talks to but I haven't gotten that far yet since we just got home. Barb is still at Prov till at least Wed. or later. She is at room 572, bed 2 on the Neurology floor. Could you forward this message or post it on the forum so others might know?
Stephanie
er/pr-,HER2+++;Ki67 55%
TCH X3 every 3wks till 8/7/07,
Herceptin till 4/4/08
danceswithrain is offline   Reply With Quote