View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #36
BonnieR

I have had alot more "drama" since I visited here last! I had received a second opinion from a City of Hope doctor awhile ago so I sent her the recent OncoType test result. She felt it was "invalid", depending on the tissue that was sent. I was unable to follow her explanation of the biology involved but she kept saying it was important to know what material was actually sent. So I went to the pathology lab today to have the director of the lab (who also did my reports) to explain this all to me. And you know what he said ? "Because you were coming in today, I reviewed your slides and I found an invasive tumor that I MISSED the first time"!!!!! Never would have known this except for me going there. (This is the same lab that took TEN DAYS to mail out the OncoType tissue because the girl who does the mailing was on vacation!). He did say that the tumor was very small,, residual invasive. But high grade. I am still probably Stage 1, maybe T1B (what is that?). Also said Oncotype is "waste of time because I had high grade to begin with". He said my situation, patients in the grey areas, are the worst to know how to treat because it is so ambigious....a "crap shoot" to use his term. He also said that sentinel node negative is not as helpful information as is sentinal node positive. (a sure thing)
So here I sit, on the fence. Or with one foot on a banana peel.....trying to establish some equanimity......
Thanks for listening....hope it made sense....I am not sure it did for ME!! lol
Bonnie

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote