View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #13
Odette

Angry Similar Situation Plan: HKI 272

Hi Mike,

I ran out of town to visit my children after my recurrence (lungs, nodes)
so I did not see your post.
I had Tykerb Xeloda only for 10 weeks and had a rescan which showed progression.
My oncologist is keeping me on it for another four weeks just in case I got the mets while waiting for the approval to go through, in which case the combo still could possibly at least keeping the mets stable. He has ordered rescan in four weeks. By the way I have had pretty impressive rash right on my nose.

To be truthful I could tell that he seems to expect further progression in four weeks. He is planning to put me with the trial drug HKI 272. If I were the doctor and he was my patient I might do the same. What this HKI 272 seems to be: not very powerful as far as kicking cancer's butt, but there is a chance it can buy me a good couple of weeks progression free time and it's side effects seem to be minimal.

The time being I'm trying to figure out some incredidiet to help the T/X but I cannot exactly decide what's best?
No sugar, no white flour, only olive oil for fat, salmon, lots of raw and cooked vegetables. But cannot decide to give up fruit (because of the sugar) since it is so wonderful to eat the seasonal fruit in Ohio.

This is my story so far. I'm also waiting for my Memorial Sloan second opinion doctor to come back from vacation and consult with her.

I'd love to hear more from you.

Odette
June-August 2006 AC chemo
August-October 2006 Taxotere + Herceptin
November 18, 2006 Mastectomy 16 involved lymph nodes
Jan 2, 2007 start radiation
Stage IV, Jan 12, 2007 recurrence in cervical lymph nodes while on Herceptin, stopped Herceptin
Rad oncologist extended the radiation field, good response
Started Tykerb Xeloda on beginning of May 2007
Progression to lungs and conglomerate lymphadenopathy July 2007
Undecided about next treatment

'One does not get to choose one's adventures'

I'm experimenting with my diet, using green tea, flax seed curry and olive oil

Odette is offline   Reply With Quote