View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #22
BonnieR

Wait, there's more! I sent the OncoType result to a oncologist who I used for a second opinion and she felt it was invalid in my case because the test hinges on Invasive ductal cancer and my small tumor was mostly DCIS. She tried to explain the biology to me, and I think I am a pretty smart person, but I could not begin to understand her. She offered to contact my primary onc to ask again about the source of the tissue that was sent. And to suggest a second look at my original slides from the biopsy where all my cancerous tissue was removed, supposedly....
I am so confused right now. IF I was to start chemo next week I would need to stop my Femara NOW, try to get dental cleaning, all the practical things you have suggested here...and do a completly new mind set.
But chemo is not to be decided lightly either, if it is not indicated. I am now wondering if I should just do the Femara and add the Herceptin which was the original plan.....
We are also moving next week...
If you want God to laugh, just tell him your plans......
thank you all for being here. I know there are others struggling with bigger issues but this is the biggest thing I have ever had to decide....

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote