View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink For Kate

Today it is true -- it's all about you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we await news. Steph's take is one I wholeheartedly embrace. Maria's support is palpable. All of us, in our own way, are sending out positive energy in your name Kate. Know you'll include us in your day. We stand at your side, no matter what. I'm voting for NO METS, but I know you are a Survivor, Kate, no matter what. WITH MUCH LOVE AND A BIG HUG!! ANDI

My recently adopted green signature just evolved. Now that I look at this thread, I think it came from Sandy, and the legend of the green shoes. It's my way of reminding each of us to REMEMBER ALL WHO ARE FIGHTING ON, AND THEIR LOVED ONES, WHO CANNOT HELP BUT BE CAUGHT UP IN THE BATTLE! My green signature is my tribute to ALL you valiant Souls that I carry in my heart at all times...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote