View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
Sherryg683

In constant pain

I hate to complain and really have no one else to talk to about this because no one here around me seems to really care or wants to hear it any more but I am so tired of being in constant pain. I had a bad shingle outbreak in January and I guess I am one of the few who the pain lasts for longer than 5 weeks. It's been over 6 months now and I still hurt terribly. My right side burns so bad and it radiates into my head like I have thorns in my skull. I also have a spot in my stomach area that has continued to hurt real bad since chemo. I have had my gallbladder checked and nothing there. I have a few liver hymangiomas (or so they think) but they are very small and have never lit up on PET so my oncologist is saying it's nothing...it still hurts like crazy. And to top it off I threw my back out and can hardly walk now, my right leg is numb. And, in the last month my dang jaw has started popping and locking up and hurts, I guess I've developed TNJ..I'm just about at my wits end. I have been to a neurologist for the shingle pain and and several other doctors and they say nothing can be done except to take pain pills, it just has to run it's course, it's just been so long and draining. I try to limit the Loritabs to one a day, I just hate depending on pain pills. Of course I always figure it's the cancer. I guess I just need a pep talk, to keep hanging on here. If it weren't for my little girl, I might just want this to all be over. I mean how long can you hurt. Any suggestions other than pain pills? Sorry I'm so negative tonight, I just hurt terribly and no one here seems to give a damn...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote