View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
mec2450

Unhappy Tykerb/Xeloda - Not Working

All,

My wife started Tykerb/Xeloda combo 12 weeks ago after Herceptin/Abraxane seemed to stall out on us and stop working after keeping her in check for 18 months. We just got results of CT yesterday and no progress with the T/X combo. Disease seems to be progressing - still only in her lungs (that we can tell) but I am getting concerned that it is spreading other places that we do not know about yet.

We are meeting with ONC next week to determine next steps but I think he is thinking we give it another 12 weeks with T/X before giving up on it. My concern is that we saw no improvement with this last round and i do not want to waste 12 weeks on something that may not be working. Unless I am missing something - this is mostly a trail and error process at this point and we never know how something will work unless we try it.

question for you t/x people out there - if it is working for you did it work right away or did it take time. Judging from what i have read on the board - it seemed like T/X either worked right away or it did not work. Can anyone confirm for me. What other chemo can be combined with Tykerb?

Also - any thoughts on other chemo combos. I am thinking we give navelbine/herceptin a try - my wife has about 10 nodules in her lungs from 2mmm to 8mm in size - no where else that we know of at this time.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

-Mike
mec2450 is offline   Reply With Quote