View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Eric!
I agree that it might not be the herceptin that quit working but the chemo. When I first started Taxol & herceptin, after Adriamycin & Taxotere had no impact, I told my doctor that everything in me said that it would take some searching to find the right combination. I did put the decision in his hands, he is wonderful and so smart, but I just felt that I would need lots of trys. Perhaps the reason for my intuition was that as a kid they had trouble finding things that worked for me. I had rheumatic fever as a kid and went daily for antibiotics for 6 months to a year (can't remember anymore). Anyway, it has always taken lots of "whatever" to kill the disease, kill the pain, etc.
But anyway, I think those dastardly little cancer cells are so sneeky and so very different in each of us. Please be hopeful and creative about trying new things!
We'll all be cheering for you two to find just the right combination very, very quickly! I've learned from this batch of warriors that there is always one more thing to try, if we're willing!
Keep the faith and keep us informed.
Praying and believing for you both, ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote