Thread: estrogen creams
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
Patricia

I am also using Estring. My breast surgeon recommended it to me and both the onc and gyno approved it. It seemed to make a big difference initially, but it has felt less effective lately, so it is interesting hearing Debbie's experience with it. I have been on it about 9 mos now. For me it was so bad that even wiping would cause me to bleed so I needed to do something! As far as sex goes, I still rely on also using lubricants but it is doable and even enjoyable, whereas before it was literally impossible. I think the hard part for me was that it seemed to really affect my husband as well. He did not want to hurt me and between recovery from surgeries, being sick through chemo and healing from radiation burns he just felt every where he went he hurt me, so when the vaginal atrophy became apparent as well I thought our sex life was over - really over. I was concerned with the warnings but with all the docs telling me it was ok even after we discussed the risks, it really became a QOL decision for me. I hope you find something that works well for you too.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote