Thread: Hot flashes
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:43 AM   #3
kristen

Cool

Hot flashes.... I have tried alot of the things you have, The Lexapro and Paxil, ran it's course and then stopped working, I then went to Melatonin off the shelf, again worked for a bit then stopped. My doctor has me on Rosarem and it worked for a while, then has stopped, but I am still on it an added Nortriptalyne (SP) and am sleeping great. Have you tried Ativan for the anxiety, I liked those when going through treatment. Works in about 45 minutes and doesn't need to build up in your system?
A friend gave me a "chillo" you can get them off the internet. It works pretty good. It's a pillow that holds water and you put it under your pillow and when you get up from sweating you put your head on it and it will cool you down. I have two fans running on me, so for right now, with the meds and the above, I am finally sleeping through the night. Day time, I still have them and dress in layers. Good luck, Good thread, I'd like to see what others are doing?
I went through it twice, once with chemo, then started again, had LAVH and the HF's are still going strong 1.5 yrs later. YIKES, will it ever end?
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote