View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #25
Catherine

fun subject and "sad" party....read last paragraph

I am having fun with my curls. I have never had curly hair before chemo. My last chemo was Aug 06. I keep it short and fluffy. I am sad to say that I think the right-hand side is starting to go back to my normal, stick-straight. I look a little lop-sided right now (my hair, not my perfectly matched breast prosthesis).

I, too, am happy to have hair and happy to be here.

Sunday we attended a beautiful party for a dear girlfriend (age 52) that invited 170 friends to say "goodbye." I had never been to something like this. There was so much love under the outdoor tent, that we were all honored to be invited. She has fought pancreatic cancer for 14 months and her team of doctors said there is not much else they can offer her.
She was beautiful and fun. Her husband was a fantastic host. I do not know how they had the courage to do this, but you could tell they were pleased with the opportunity to be with all their friends and share the love and support from us and from God. The invitation said, "sorry for the short notice on the celebration party.....we think God has planned a different future for Emily."

I still pray for miracles for everyone who needs one.

Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote