View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
Mary Anne in TX

Little Friend

Hi Chelee! I have a little friend who is 3 1/2 who has been on chemo for the past 3 years - never knew life without it. She does finish up soon with the major stuff. But anyway, I think she is so brave and I just love her to pieces. Her sister, 5, asked me a couple of times ago when they came to visit their grandma, "where's your button"! Then she told me that Arden didn't cry anymore when they poked her button! What an inspiration those little ones were. Well, my last "poking" was so much easier for me because I know how very brave Arden is! I know none of this matters to your situation, but my port sticks out a "country mile" but I'm attached to it and it makes my every three weeks trip for Herceptin so very much easier. I don't know what's right for you, but I surely do understand how you must feel. Feelings impact our thinking so much. I drove the 3 hours to San Antonio yesterday and back today to take a couple of my grandkids to Sea World, just to have the experience there be a good one (plug in new feelings) of going to San Antonio. It really helped! Good luck on your decision and know you'll do just the right thing for you, whatever that is! I haven't a clue most of the time what I should do, but I just ask, study and wait for the "right" answer to come to me. Best wishes, mary anne

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote