View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
Patricia

being picky but overall am just so happy to have hair

First off, can I just say, I am SO grateful to just have hair now!

I used to have great thick, wavy red hair (with lots of blonde and gold highlights) before chemo (see pic below with red scarf-my avitar is after i cut it for chemo, but before it started to go) and after chemo it came back like down at 1st and was a dirty blond color. Little by little it has gotten more red and now it is clearly an auburn color, but still quite different than my color before. I have lost all of the natual shades and highlights, it is now more monotone.

As far as curls go, before I was very lucky and had very adaptable hair that was generally wavy depending on how it was styled. It came back very curly and unmanageable (see pic with my son last Thanksgiving) It was to the point that I had it straightened not long after that pic was taken.

As time has gone on and I have let it grow it seems to be getting straighter and returning to my original texture. It has been 10 mos since I finished Herceptin.

Hugs,
Patricia
Attached Images

9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote