View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
Beckie

Brain mets - Thank you!

I asked for advice a few weeks ago because my doctor was reluctant to let me have a brain MRI without symptoms. Several of you said to insist on the MRI. I had the MRI last Thursday, and my doctor called on Saturday and said I have 2 small lesions. I will see the radiation oncologist this week. Thank you for your encouragement!
I am also thankful for the information and people on this site. Because of you discussing your decisions for your treatments, I feel I am prepared to have an intelligent discussion concerning my treatment. I have learned so much!
By the way, this morning I watched part of a DVD called Reflections on Psalm 23 for people with cancer. I has 13 8-minute programs, and was filmed in Israel. I very much enjoyed it. It is available at visionvideo.com. When I went for my MRI, I told the Lord that if He would be glorified by my having brain mets, I was ok with it. Knowing He is my shepherd and only wants what is best for me makes it easy to have a positive attitude, and rest in His decisions. Now I just look for the opportunities to share.
Thank you so much for being there and for the prayers I know will be coming my way. I am praying for many of you also.

Beckie

6/06 - Stage 4, Her2+++, er/pr-
Mets to lungs(largest 3 cm), liver (largest 5.5 cm), and bones
Began taxotere, herceptin, & aredia
7/06 - radiation to lower spine & left shoulder for pain
8/06 - everything smaller
12/06 - stopped taxotere (toe infections)
5/07 - bone mets advancing
6/07 - add navelbine to herceptin & aredia
6/07 - discovered brain mets (3 in cerebellum, largest 2 cm.)
7/07 - WBR, change to Tykerb/Xeloda
9/07 - targeted radiation
10/08 - started navelbine/herceptin
2/09 - brain mets - targeted radiation
5/09 - mets in liver progressing, changed to Ixempra
7/09 - mets in liver still going, to the brain again, on gemzar now
9/09 - gemzar failed, started Doxil today

I know Who holds the future, and I know He holds my hand.
Beckie is offline   Reply With Quote