View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
SusieQ

My Naturopathic Doctor in Irvine, California ordered the lodine-loading test for me.

I conducted some research and found that Iodine is an essential mineral in the body, and one which is often underestimated. Iodine is found throughout the body and is absolutely vital to the health of the body in ways that reach far beyond thyroid function. These include: general antibacterial, anti fungal, antiviral properties, enhancing immune function, mood regulation, helps to maintain healthy mental and memory function, blood pressure regulation, blood sugar regulation and the prevention of diabetes, excretion of toxic metals and sweat, contributing to normal hormonal function and proper gastric digestive acid secretion, and contributes to proper lubrication of mouth, eyes and skin.

With the above-mentioned functions in mind, iodine can be useful as part of the treatment for the following conditions: improve general energy and well being, reduce headaches, improve sleep and digestive system, reduce or prevent ovarian and breast cysts, and help treat autoimmune diseases.

The most widely recognized test to determine iodine deficiency is the lodine-loading test. In this test 50 mg of iodine/iodide combination is ingested and then urine is collected for 24 hours to determine the amount of the iodine solution that is excreted. If there is a sufficient state of iodine, over 90% will be excreted because it is not needed for uptake by the body. However, if the body is deficient in iodine much less will be excreted because it is needed by the body.

I released about 62%. I will begin a 1/2 tablet of Ioderol 12.5mg and repeat the test in two months.
~ER+ 45% Moderate ~ PR+ 62% Strong
~HER2/neu +++
~Sentinel Node Biopsy - Negative Four Nodes
~BRAC1/BRAC2 Negative
~Neo-adjuvant Chemo:6 rounds-every Three
Weeks of Taxotere & Carboplatin & Herceptin
Weekly Completed on 2/7/2007
~Lumpectomy (after chemo) 3/12/2007
~Switched to Every 3-week Herceptin 3/21/2007 for nine more months.
~Radiation May through June 2007 (35 rads total)
~Hormone therapy Lupron Injections + Arimidex
~Lymphedema Challenged!
SusieQ is offline   Reply With Quote