View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:35 AM   #5
KellyA

Hi there! I can relate to your sleeping difficulties. I was having problems myself and didn't want to take any more meds. I started walking in the evenings with a good friend. We go at 8 pm every night and walk for about 1 1/2 hours- 6 or so miles. She is a lunatic runner and doesn't give me any breaks. (in her words- "chemo schmemo") I cannot tell you how much this has helped me with EVERYTHING. I fall asleep every night within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow. I don't need naps during the day anymore. I stopped taking my Lexapro (antidepressant) and feel WONDERFUL. My stress levels have gone way down. I can even run a good chunk of it now (I could barely finish it walking a month ago.). I bought me some great shoes and it has really become part of my life. I have even been able to go on a treatment day (usually I sleep the remainder of the day on those days) and for the very first time, I have not hurt ONCE in the entire three weeks of this last dose. And I was having BIG problems with that.

Find a friend, go in the evenings when its cool, and I promise that you will sleep like a baby!

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote