View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 04:06 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Hi Ceesun,

I will hop on your summer vacation wagon as well. Tomorrow morning is my last day at the 4 year old kindergarten I work at. It's been a fun year and I love my job BUT am also looking forward to enjoying the warm breezes of summer at my leisure.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer June 24, 2005 so that summer was a whirlwhind of sorts. Sadness, anxiety, surgery and on and on it goes. I started chemo the end of that summer in August. I was able to work pretty much throughout my treatment for which I am incredibly thankful. It's what kept me the most sane and grounded throughout I think.. It kept my mind busy and being around my wonderful "family" at work was a blessing.
Last summer was my 1st summer without chemo but I was still receiving herceptin. This is my first summer with nothing. I don't even see my onc. until August.

The good news......................here it is June of 2007 and my 2 year anniversary is coming up QUICKLY - June 24. I feel awesome, am NED and am actually thankful for what I've gone through.

Happy Summer,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06