View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
Patricia

Hi Dianne,

I had 2 primaries at the same time (breast and thyroid) and had my surgeries about 6 weeks apart. I did not start my chemo for another 3 weeks as the dr's wanted the time to allow my body to recover from the surgeries. The way my dr's decided was that they felt it was better to get the cancers out and take the risk of starting the chemo a little later as a result. It was something that I personally was nervous about. I was very happy once I started the chemo because it was beyond the amount of time that in general they recommend waiting. They did start me on Lupron (which I am still on until I have an oopherectomy) before chemo though to at least get my hormones shut down asap. I can't speak to your specific situation, but I think it is important to weigh the risk of which is worse to delay.

In terms of your drug options, I don't feel educated enough to advise you. I did have the 1st option AC x4DD then 11 T&H followed by 9 mos of Herceptin. I had a very hard time with the AC&T due to side effects.

I was told by my onc that there was no need to do the oncotype since I was Her2+ (100%).

Welcome to the board, this is a wonderful site with the most educated caring women. I am sure that others will have words of advice for you.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote