View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
Lala

Wink

Dianne
I am confused as to where the 12% recurrence rate is stated in which article?

I just looked at the article
Breast Cancer: Non-Anthracycline Regimens Superior for Early Her2 Positive Disease once again.

It states that
Both of the trastuzumab-containing regimens significantly improved disease-free survival compared with the non-trastuzumab-containing regimens; at four years, 92% of patients on ACTH and 91% of patients on TCH were still alive compared with 86% in the AC→T arm.

TCH outperformed AC→T and AC→TH in the treatment of breast cancer, Dr. Slamon said.

TCH had the optimal therapeutic index, thus avoiding the cardiac damage related to sequential use of anthracyclines and trastuzumab.

The best outcome for early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer is obtained with a non-anthracycline regimen [TCH], and results of this trial should impact the way early-stage breast cancer is treated. TCH should be the preferred option in HER2-positive early breast cancer. He questioned whether there is still a role for anthracyclines in the treatment of early breast cancer.

Because Anthracyclines are cardio toxic there is a higher risk for those who take herceptin.

I still think TCH is the better combination overall.
Also in regards to tamoxifen I tried it but found it did not work for me. I was told that Fasoldex would be better as there are studies showing it works in mets. I too am pre meno so I would have to use this with a Lupron shot. Maybe you should ask your oncologist for the studies showing tamoxifen vs fasoldex. It takes 3 months for hormone drugs to show response vs chemotherapy that takes 2 months. There are so many treatment options available.

I wish you the best.
Lala is offline   Reply With Quote