Thread: "NEVER GIVE UP"
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
dede10

"NEVER GIVE UP"

After speaking with so many people, to include my Priest, that has been the consenses. When I was in so much pain & so ill from the Navelbine, last year, I wanted to just give up. Coming here, to this forum, and talking with others, makes a BIG difference. To know others are working through it, that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel does give me hope.

As I am beginning yet another round of chemo, this coming Tuesday, I realize though sometimes sick, I have had new grandkids born. I have watched my oldest 3 grandchildren turn 12 this year...they think they are grown now.
We have moved into a new home, one we picked out, & in the country. My husband & I have grown closer. I have seen a sister & brother who I had not seen in 40+ yrs! I think we have all grown closer....my family, my husband....

Through all the heartache of cancer, I am stil here, and even on the days I think I want to give up, I realize, later, I really don't. My onc tells me, there is always hope. So, knowing there will be bad days, & good days, I plan on never giving up. I plan on watching my grandchildren grow to young men & women. And growing old with my husban in our home.

Blessings to all!
dede

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Dum spiro spero
(Latin: while I breathe I hope)
dede10 is offline   Reply With Quote