Thread: Good News
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Mary Jo

Good News

Hello all.....................can you "see" the lift in my typing???????? Haha! So very thankful to report that the "findings" today were good news. The "nodes" in question (that lit up on the PET/CT in Dec.) were smaller today than in December. So, no biopsy was needed - THANK GOD! No waiting for test results. I met with my surgeon afterwards and she said the decision was mine if I wanted follow up for this node issue. A possible 6 month ultra sound ONLY IF I FELT IN NECESSARY TO DO as she felt comfortable with leaving it alone. I felt VERY COMFORTABLE leaving it alone so this issue is a dead issue.

Also, while "visiting" with my surgeon there were a few questions about my pathology report that I wanted to know. (at the beginning of the journey I didn't want to know too much) Of course, at the beginning of my journey, when the pathology report came back she did tell me the important information - tumor size (I thought 4.5 cm - it was 4. 0 cm - I could have sworn she said 4.5 back then) It wasn't 4.0 cm all the way around - narrower on the side - an oblong tumor) Anyway, grade 3 (knew that) - clear margins (knew that) 1 microscopic cell in first node - second node clear (knew that) but didn't know the size of the micromet - .085 cm (teeny tiny). Also found out today there was no vascular invasion. Something I learned about on here and didn't know about back then. Would never have thought to ask that almost 2 years ago. But, I asked today, and there was no vascular invasion. (some more great news)

So a GREAT appointment. Thanks to those of you who kept me in their prayers. Only God knows how much I appreciated it.

Love to all,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06