View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #12
Catherine

Am I being lazy?

How much do you fight? When do you fight? I am a one year survivor and am enjoying life so much, that I do not spend much time fighting. I feel good when I concentrate on being with people I enjoy and do things that are meaningful to me. I have not been doing a lot of research or extra special diet things. I am doing the obvious: low fat, lots of fruits and vegetables. For now I am counting on the Herceptin and a higher power to keep me well. Am I lazy that I have not started a diet regiemen? I enjoy that I am no longer on the couch like last summer. I enjoy that my chest scars are healing and that I can walk for an hour at one time. I want to learn more about this disease, but I don't seem to have the desire to research and read much. I relie on all the "smartey pantses" on this wonderful site to share their wisdom. Maybe I will fight harder if I have a recurrence. I feel like I fought hard last year.

In the meantime, do I need to fight? This may sound like a dumb question. But sometimes I feel guilty that I am not on a research mission. Maybe I am just a poor student and I will pay later. Am I bad for not working harder right now? I love enjoying life at age 58 right now and enjoy the sunshine.

That's my rap, any comments? Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote