View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
Sandy H

Another interesting Day on Monday!

I went in had the old port removed and a power port put in. My pain is gone in the arm and I am so far much happier with this one. The IV which had to be put in the arm infiltrated and so got a fat arm. Went to have cat scan and this was the second power port they had done so did not get it hooked up right and had contrast running down my neck and spraying in my face, and yet enough went in so my bottom felt warm! Not enough went into my body so had to give me another dose. Seems how I had dressing on the port they all got wet. Back to oncology for my chemo and the nurses were very kind to fix me up. The cat scan show bilateral large pleural effusions and both lower lobes completely collapsed. I was scheduled to get it drained next Tuesday but have gotten much worse and they pushed it up to Friday. I was told if I couldn't wait until than to go to E.R. which I will do this afternoon. I am wearing my funny socks and my green shoes for good luck. hugs, Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote