View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Mary Jo

For the most part I've just decided to get on with business of living. There are no guarantees, no sure fire bets on how to prevent cancer BUT taking care of oneself should be a priority for many reasons. Mainly for good health - feeling good about oneself - keeping weight off and possibly preventing more cancer. I accept the fact that my life and control over it is out of my hands. One day I will die. I accept that. I don't mean to sound morbid. On the contrary. I have a wonderful Savior who leads me along lifes way. He gives me joy and strength as I walk through this life and I know one day I will live forever with Him in Heaven where there will be no more tears, pain sadness etc. Just neverending joy and peace. THAT dear friends is where I put my energies. I stay close to God - walk often and listen to music that draws me closer to Him (contemporary Christian music). I live my life trying to encourage others and bring joy to their lives.

On top of all that, I eat well. Exercise by powerwalking and a bit of jogging 4 - 6 miles per day. Take a few supplements ~ calcium, magnesium, cod liver oil omega 3 supplement and most recently 2 T. of ground flax.

Cancer has taught me much but what it's taught me the most is that life is short. Enjoy each and every moment of it. I try to keep my yesterday's regrets out of my mind as those days are gone - I try not to think ahead to all the what if's because those tomorrow's may never come. I try to focus on today and live and love to the fullest.

Hugs to my her2 friends,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06