View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
Mary Jo

Good Morning Krista,

It was recommended to me to do A/C + Taxol along with herceptin when I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago. However, I was hormone receptor negative so I'm not sure if that plays a part in the decision factor. Just to ease your mind a bit, I did not miss that much work when I went through chemo. A few days after each chemo treatment but that was about it. Chemo affects each of us differently and until you go through it you will not know how you will be affected. I will make a recommendation to you though - drink LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water. I drank water a good 24 hours before chemo like it was going out of style. I drank on the way to chemo - during chemo and really drank after chemo. I envisioned the "crap" in my body being pee'd out of me. I never had to be 'hydrated intervenously and felt pretty good throughout chemo. My mouth was a little sore but I never had mouth sores. Possibly keeping my mouth clean with all the water helped? Not sure BUT I strongly recommend drowning yourself with water. I believe that truly made a difference for me.

Good luck to you in your decision process.

God Bless,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06