View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Watery Eyes + Co Enz

Can't find the posting I saw yesterday with this issue. When I was on Taxotere my eyes dripped like a faucet. I clutched a tissue in my hand at all times. Try eating, cutting your food with one hand. I kept a baggie in my pocketbook to collect all the drippy wet tissues of the day. My nose was also a bit drippy. I went to 5 opthamalogists. Dry eye. I know. Felt like I had broken glass in my eyes, or sand. Pain. One doc put plugs in my tearducts. They fell out in two wks and didn't help. Another said if worse comes to worse we can unclog the ducts but that's a pretty major surgery involving the bone in the nose. NOOOO. 5th doc said DRY EYE. I said I know. He said, No severely dry eye. Taxotere dries out the mucous membrances throughout the body, stomach, vagina, nose and eyes. USE DROPS. I am. How often. 4 times a day. No -- you have to use something like REFRESH + (no preservatives) every hour. Really? Really. I did this. Watching the clock. Kept the little individual vials in my bag, on my night table, next to the toilet, etc. Within 2 wks., I was cured! GOOD LUCK!

ALSO -- THE THE PERSON LOOKING FOR INEXPENSIVE COENZYME Q10 -- My oncological BC/nutritional expert says to take 100. My husband buys it for me at Costco. You do have to watch "quality" on the cheaper brands of vitamins, but this seems fine. Good for heart, gums, energy, lots of stuff.

Wish I could find the exact right spot to insert this info, but chemo brain is real I guess. That plus computer savvy at age 62 is asking a lot.

LOVE TO ALL YOU FABULOUSLY SPIRITED FIGHTERS. I think of you all ALL THE TIME! ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote