View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #15
LAURIE

I had a very similiar situation as you. I was very disapointed to know how many nodes were involved even after A/C, I could not even feel my tumor anymore, so I thought my nodes were clear. I knew right away when I got the results that my staging went up, and got real depressed about it, but then I realized I have two choices, worry about it or move on. My treatment did not change because of my node involvement. I understand how you are feeling. After today I only have 7 more rads left. It is not bad at all. I get zapped 6 times.(six different angles each day) and it still only takes 20 minutes or so. I had the whole area, which it seems like you will get too, Maybe I get more because of having a lumpectomy. Just watch out out for the lymphedema, it is the only thorn in my side right now. I just hate this glove. Remember to keep heat away from your incision sites. Ask your doctor about incisional massage to break up scar tissue. I wish I would of known about it before. You and I (and many others with similar diagonsis) are in this together. We can do IT!! Someone else wrote me and said to "keep my chin up", for some reason this really made me feel strong (even if tears were pouring down my face). My husband has been with me every step of the way and it sounds like yours is too. We are very, very lucky to have them in our lives!!! I look forward to hearing your progress and sharing with you.

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote