View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
fauxgypsy

food tasting fuuny

I just finished my second set of taxol, carboplatin and herceptin. The first time it really affected the taste of food. The second time I had tha carboplatin I mentioned to the oncologist that I hadn't really been nauseous, just a little queasy but not enough to take the Zofram. I think I was trying to save it In case I really needed it. I get IV Aloxi at the time of chemo but this last time he gave me a prescription for Emend. It was a blister pack for three days. I started it right after chemo. You are supposed to take the first one prior to the chemo but our pharmacy was not close to the clinic. I felt so much better and food tasted better as well. I don't know that it was the Emend but I think that it might have been. Another thing that I do is to drink Danactive yogurt. I don't have very much diarhea but I do know that it messes up the natural flora and fauna of your digestive tract and the yogurt helps to replenish it. I haven't had any low blood counts yet and haven't needed the shots. I have had acne on my face and scalp and my "hair" hurts but I do still have hair though I am shedding. Maybe I am molting. I have treatments on Fridays and the fatigue hits me on Sunday and Monday. Then I am good to go as long as I pace myself.

Good luck!
Leslie

Good luck
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote