View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
jener8er

Penelope!! I wish I'd seen this post when you first posted - I have the EXACT same thing as you! And mine also started after my exact same recon as you last year! How weird is that?? I had an mri of the whole area (I also have a palpable lump that seems to be getting bigger..) in December and there was NOTHING there. I really think it's related to what they do to us in that recon surgery, and I think it takes a looooonnnnnggg time to go away. I'm almost a year out of surgery and my sharp pain still comes and goes. It's bad when I exercise too, it hurts when I breathe in deep. I'm convinced it's the recon. How is your's doing btw? Are you still happy with your results? You look GREAT. I'm waiting for yet another surgery date from UCLA to finish mine up once and for all. I just want to be DONE. Anyway, I hope you're doing good, and I wouldn't worry about the weird aches and pains, I'm sure it will get better eventually.
Jenny
PS One thing that I remembered hearing at the conference was that when cancer decides to grow, it presses on a nerve constantly, it does not come and go.
4/20+ Lymph nodes
Stage 3a
Age 38, CA
jener8er is offline   Reply With Quote