View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #137
Grace

Thought I did this previously!

I have a memory of doing this, but don't see my response, so perhaps not. No doubt, one of herceptin's side effects. In order of severity:

Runny, crusty nose (constant);

Dry cough (gets better at times but continuous);

Difficulty breathing at times, particularly first few days after an infusion;

Vision problems (difficult to focus in mornings; takes about 15 minutes of rubbing eyes before I can read newspaper; then blurry vision for rest of day);

Weight gain (15 pounds since diagnosis; I've been on a strict diet for the last month or so and have not lost a single pound);

Swelling in feet and ankles (some days worse than others);

Nails breaking, with ridges (getting worse with each infusion); as a side note, my nails have always grown very quickly, to my annoyance; not any more;

Hair growing slowly (thick, but very very short). Stopped chemo at end of October; it is currently about one inch to one and a half inchs in length;

Memory, word use, ability to spell are all impacted. I'm a professional writer, previously with an excellent memory. When I now review emails, I find words that have no relationship to what I thought I had written; often can't even use a dictionary to correctly spell a word, as I can't even do an approximation;

Last MUGA scan (currently six months on herceptin) indicated that I now have hypokinesis of right ventricle.