View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Melissai

I am not sure if your doctor has talked to you at all about Lupron injections that will put you in menopause without having surgery. I am 37 stage 2 IDC ER/PR+ and HER2+. I had bilat. mastectomy with expanders and last Nov. had my permanent implants put in. I have tested BRCA2+ so I have a high chance of ovarian cancer as well. I know that I will be removing my ovaries in the coming months so my doctor opted to give me lupron injections every 3 months so that I could take an A.I. now which I was told seems to work better against her2 than Tamoxifen. I have no regrets. Of course I have Hot Flashes but no worse thatn when I was in the middle of chemo. I have had alittle bit of Vaginal dryness but nothing I can't handle. It has been worth it to try to keep the cancer from coming back. It might be a short term answer for you until you make the decision to remove your ovaries or not. I have only waited because I am in the process of moving and have 2 young children to care for so as soon as we get moved I will be having my oopherectomy. Good luck! Melissa
Melissai is offline   Reply With Quote