View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
Liz J.

Smile Shaved my head

I started to lose my hair about 2 1/2 weeks after my first round of chemo. It was exactly on the time schedule that my onc. nurse said it would happen. I had it cut very short about a week before that. My husband handed me an electric razor and said "you may need this one of these days". I had it charging and ready to go. We took my mother-in-law out to dinner that night. (I recall it was a Saturday night) and I knew what I was going to do when I got home. So I had a few glasses of wine. It was a warm summer night and on the trip home (she lives in New Jersey) I opened the car window and was just touching my head and watching my hair fly out the window. I am surprised we didn't get a ticket for littering (lol). When we got home, my husband went to change his clothes and I took the razor, put my head over the kitchen trash can and shaved it all off. I can't describe the sense of relief. Before my husband walked into the kitchen, I said "don't get scared". He knew what I had done and told me how beautiful I looked. I saw the pain in some friend's faces when they first saw me, but it was so much better than watching the hair falling all over the place and when they saw me again without a hat or wig they also got used to it.

All the best.

Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote