View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #12
Mary Anne in TX

I guess God made us so intuitive; so that we could become "body detectives" when necessary! It really amazes me how much searching and pursuing is needed to get some answers! The 'ol body can really hide things from us. But it seems to me that it can't beat our intuition and "hard-headedness"! It is so encouraging to me to read how many of us just kept on keeping on to get an anwser when it didn't seem necessary to others! And it was my husband who pressed me to go get checked and discover that tumor! Mine was seen on the mammogram (4.5) and the radiologist came out to get me to make an appointment for a biopsy! He told me I had cancer right there! Scared me spitless, but got me to make that call to San Antonio to get help! I think sometimes it's a shame that we have to press to get checked in the way that best fits our case, but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes! And it is all the stories here that keep me encouraged to fight for staying around a lot longer to fight for others who will face this battle someday.

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote