Thread: onco Dx???
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
mjz

oncotypedx is a test done on a bit of your tumor that helps give you an idea of the risk that you will have a recurrance - not locally- butin a distant site- mets- within the next ten years. this test only holds for stage 1 and stage 2 node negative breast cancers who will be treated with tamoxifen for 5 yrs. the scores range from 1 to 17 "low risk" 18-31 "intermediate risk"... my onc ordered this test for me- he felt that it is fair to expect a bit better prognosis if using arimidex- and hope that herceptin- tho given without chemo- would lower my risk another 50% on top of that. in my reading I came across the idea that 18 and over- as a rule of thumb in practice- will be recommended to hav chemo. there is currently a trial- tailorx- to study women with scores of 11 to 22(?) to try to find a meaningful guideline for chemo, but this trial excludes her2 !? my score was 17- i thought most her2 scores were high.... I called genomic health... a doc there told me the previous week a woman with her2 had a score of 5....... did you have the test done?
mjz is offline   Reply With Quote