View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
KellyA

My hubby is very romantic, but was especially when we were first dating/married. One of my favorite nights was where he surprised me with the kids staying at friends. I was out with a friend until duskish (a plan I later found out) and when she brought me home, he had a "campout" set up in the back yard. Candles were everywhere and the firepit was going. We listened to our favorite music, made hot dogs and smores, and he even had a blender hooked up outside for our favorite drinks. It was so much fun. We even slept in a little tent (until the bugs got us). When I went inside, there was a little lantern lit and pictures of us were taped everywhere inside. That is an evening that I will carry with me forever. It stands out much more than the fancy dinners and expensive dates. I was so overwhelmed with the amount of thought that he put into it and felt totally loved. Just one crazy idea.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote