View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
LAURIE

I have posted this before, but I think it deserves a rewrite because this got me through some days when I felt so ugly with out hair. I saved some of my hair when it fell out and made my own bangs. I put my hair in about eight little ponytails and cut them off when I started to get bald spots. I then took one of those pony tails and carefully layed it down over a piece of duck tape. It is best to make it pretty thick in the beginning because you will lose some of it with wearing (just like normal). I then put another piece of tape over the hair and then took it to my sewing machine. I sewed a few lines (very little stitches ) I attach it with either velcro to a hat or I wore a ear band or headband and placed it underneath and then put my hat on. Everyone would always say, your bangs look so natural and I would say of course they do "they are my own". You can buy bangs (synthetic) but I preferred my own. I just washed my again the other day and let them air dry and I saw that my natural wave was still there and had to get out my flat iron. When I wore my bamgs to "Look good feel better" class, everyone was amazed at how natural they looked. The director said she was going to share my new technique into her program.

As far as henna, you can do it youself at home. I got a kit online somewhere. It was fun, but did not last that long.

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote