View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #6
Melinda

Hair not the musical

I had short hair before chemo (TCH). Not knowing what to expect, I had my stylist give me a REALLY short hair cut 3 days before, I mean short but funky cute. Anyway, my first chemo was 3/2 and today I am having the buzz. Looking in the mirror as I speak it is very thin and one can see some scalp but my hair is light in color (from a bottle) and it is not noticeable or makes me feel uncomforable. Tonight is the night however and I made it thru over a month with hair. I attribute this to getting it really short before chemo. Each day I used to gently wash my hair and last week I noticed the shower drain was the "tell tale sign". I thought for sure it would just fall out in clumps but instaed it was the shedding process.
I have decided to embrace the no hair option and bought a beaded head piece, some scarves, a base ball hat and a wig. I have even thought of henna design, if the price is right and it can sustain water from showers for any length of time. Here is to what ever color and texture I will have in the not so distant future. Maybe I could come back as a natural blonde
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote