View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
KellyA

Hi there. My scalp got very tender and I found out later from my onc. that this is usually a sign that it coming out is near. At first I just started with general shedding. Then I noticed that larger clumps were coming out, especially if any pressure was applied. I got a few more days out of it by ponytailing my hair and wearing a baseball cap. Eventually, I let my boys give me a mohawk and we made a big party out of it. A little pink dye and a NY Yakees logo carved into the back of my head (my hubbys doing) made it a little humerous. They didn't seem so afraid and seemed to accept things a little better. I don't think that it was so scary for them. I told my hubby to enjoy his Yankee logo while he could, because I didn't ever plan on doing that again!!!!! Anyways, shortly after this (maybe 2 or 3 days), I got in the shower and used shampoo and EVERYTHING came out in one swoop. I was sportin a mohawk one minute, and shiny bald the next.But you know, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My last chemo was in Nov. and I've had my hair highlighted twice and I actually have lots of little barretts that I wear now. It will all be a distant memory before you know it.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote