Thread: CoQ10 ?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Hopeful

Laurie,

Some of the women here posted that they were able to buy COQ 10 at Costco or Walmart; try the prices at the box stores and see if it makes a difference. Another thought is to try to find an internet source; if you search these forums on the term COQ 10 I believe you will find a post that has a number of links to on-line sources.

Do you have a flexible spending account through work that you fund? A creative approach would be to see if your doctor will write you a letter of medical necessity for it. While over the counter drugs like asprin are elegible for reimbursement, vitamins and supplements are in a gray area as they are seen to have a dual purpose. One way around that is to get the doctor to write a letter that he or she has instructed you to take the supplement as part of your treatment, allowing you to be reimbused out of your flex account. It may not be much of a saving, but every little bit helps. I am going to ask my onc for such a letter for the viatmin D and calcium supplements he wants me to take because of the AI's I am on.

Best of luck to you,

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote