View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Mary Anne in TX

Shingles lie dormant from chicken pox until you're older (usually over 60) and your immune system is compromised and you are under much stress! While I know that radiation did compromise my immune system a bit, I think the stress really came from doing taxes! Next year I'll have them done a quarter at a time and hand them over to someone else to get stressed!!!

Sherry, my doctor told me that there was a chance that this pain could linger. He mentioned some med for that, but I didn't a listen since I'll see him again in 3 weeks. Bet it's what you take though! I'm so sorry to hear you have this pain on going! I can't imagine! You are so right about the head pains! Ugh! I am taking hydrocodone 5MG/500MG tabs - 2 every 4 - 6 hours and it knocks out the head pain for me. It was the kind you want to jump off a bridge, so I do know what you mean. Don't know if that would work for you, but both my rad onc. and onc. said it takes something really strong.
Best wishes to you on the pain subsiding. And thank you for sharing! ma

p.s. I'm now covered in Caladryl from the top of my arm to the wrist. I'll find some of the other stuff in the morning!

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote