Thread: Muga results
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
Hopeful

momdeeco,

Don't despair. Here is a link to a recent thread on this board providing the one year follow up results on the Herceptin participants in the HERA trial: http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...eferrerid=1173

The results showed that even those patients with the worst CHF rebounded after a mean of 189 days. I know the frustration you are feeling, because I felt it myself. I had three straight MUGA decreases after only four months on Herceptin. I started reading the threads on this board about COQ 10, and added it to my diet. In six weeks, my MUGA was up 10%. Can't say for sure the COQ 10 did it, but a number of women here swear by it. Others have insisted on treatment by a cardiologist with Ace inhibitors or beta blockers to be able to continue taking Herceptin.

The bottom line is that the heart damage from Herceptin appears to be reversible, at least in the near term. The study participants will be followed for five years. I think these early results are very encouraging. You also have medical options available should you wish to pursue them. You may need to be a little aggressive with your medical team to get the treatment if you want it, but it is your life and your decision and I would not be bashful about insisting if you feel strongly about it.

Chin up, and best of luck to you.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote