Thread: Muga results
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
Grace

Karla,

I can give you some information. I was to a cardiologist two weeks ago because my last Muga showed hypokinesis in the right ventricle; however, the left flow was 63%. I'm confused about what you say about the right ventricle as my cardiologist said that a Muga is mainly designed to look at the left. He added that my global reading was good so not to worry about the right. I'm going for an echo tomorrow just to be sure.

But, and this is important, he said that problems with the heart that are caused by herceptin heal themselves when you are taken off herceptin. I also wrote to my mother's cardiologist about this problem in case I wasn't satisfied with this new cardiologist and she responded in much the same way. So, although I don't know the story about the right ventricle, I'm pretty sure from what I've read and heard that you will recover and be okay. Malena, another member, from Italy, writes that her LVEF went down to 15% and is now up in the 40's. You can check her posts for more information. There's also lots of other information posted on Muga's and echos on this board. Search by Muga. Hope this makes you feel at least a little better.