View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
cafe1084

Emelie
You know, I was, I thought, fine with my mastectomy decision until the morning of. My sis, mom, and a friend all piled into the car with me and I drove, crying all the way. I remember feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders that morning. My car full of people seemed so carefree about the whole day, or maybe it was just me feeling overwhelmed. They felt the decision was a no-brainer. Then again, it wasn't their breasts being taken. I knew it to be the right decision to hopefully save my life, but for someone who never gave much thought about her breasts, I surely do miss them. Because of the tumor location, I had barely enough skin to sew back together and the left becomes very irritated and sore, rubbing across my top ribs. I have a hard time feeling feminine with the hair loss to go along with the breast loss and finding attractive shirts is difficult, but the upside is, when you are healed and you put on "the girls" and your wig for the first time together, you feel really good about yourself. Life is never the same after this diagnosis, but everyone on the planet has a burden to bear. I try to believe I escaped with a very tolerable burden.
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote