View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Sherryg683

Hi Carolyn, I am Stage IV also with lung mets..been NED for the last year. Believe me, I know how you feel. I have an 18 year old son and 8 year old daughter that I have to be here for. Even being in remission, I still have terrible crying spells. I usually try to go somewhere where I can't be seen or do it while I bathe. The fear of this is numbing and I dont know what to tell you to make you feel better, just take deep breaths and pray. I usually will cry so hard that I wear myself out and then I feel better. My brother is going through the last stages of melanoma that has returned to his liver so I am having to watch what this is doing to him, it's so hard. I don't know much about tumor markers, my Oncologist does scans on me every 3 months. As far as the headaches, I went through spells of terrible headaches that would last for a month and longer, they were awful. All my brain MRI's have been clean. I just figure they were from the Herceptin or stress. Please try to stay calm (easier said than done) until you finish your scans and get your results. It always helps me to remind myself that this is totally out of our hands, it's in Gods hands. All my worrying, crying and fear isn't going to make a bit of difference. Lay it at his feet and pray that he will take care of it. Other than that, you may want to get on some sort of anxiety pill such as Xanax, it works wonders for me when I have anxiety attacks. Well, I went from the Lord to nerve pills..lol. sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote