View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #34
Chelee

I really feel for Mrs. Edwards and certainly appreciate her making this public as it brings more awareness to this awful diease. But one thing I can't help but think family is more important and *later* might be a better time for John Edwards to hit the campaign road. I really think right now he could do more good by going around and rasing money for cancer research instead of for his campaign.

I personally feel like this will be wasted money John Edwards raises and later on down the road this would gain him alot of respect and votes. He's a great guy and he is still a very young man. He has plenty of time and right now I think he would get more votes next term if he was to campaign for cancer research right now. I can't speak for Mrs. Edwards but I do know if I was in their position it would feel great to take advantage of this chance to raise awareness and put focus on whats needed for more cancer awareness. I can't help but think that would'nt be a more positive thing for Mrs. Edwards. (But again, I will not pretend to speak for her or know how she feels.) I am sincerely thankful she went public with this. That alone speaks volumes. I was listening to one news reporter and he thought this way too. That the amount of money they raise for his campaign would be better used for cancer research. (I have very mixed feelings about this.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote