Thread: MUGA vs. echo
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
cherylynnie

Grace,
I have had five muga scans throughout my treatment and when my 4th one dropped to 55 my onc sent me to see a cardiologist. I then had my first echo, which he said showed the same as the muga did, that my heart wasn't pumping as vigoriously as he would like but that I was okay. I had another muga a month later and it went up to 59, so both the onc and cardio thought that it was better.

Then I had some problem in my left arm, the side where my port was, and every needle for anything else got poked into me. It was red/purplely and slightly swollen, so I decided I didn't want any more radioactive dye going into my arm. So for my final end of treatment check I had an echo, and the cardiologist will have to read it and figure it out. I have an appointment with him on Friday. So we will see. He is a very arrogant Korean Dr. very high strung. I don't think he will be happy that I just went in for the echo, because they were asking me who ordered this and I said that my onc did, when the cardio should have been the one to order it. Well I kinda of took it in my own hands. I got my port out before my last treatment and my arm is doing a little better but not completely. So they used my mastectomy side for my last treatment, and then when I just had an excisional biopsy they used my right arm again. And it is fine. I have an apt with a rehabilitation doctor to help figure out what is wrong with my left arm.

Sorry I am rambling, but the echo is easier than the muga!

Cheryl
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote