View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #12
Sherryg683

OK, I'm going to be the wet noodle here. I do not in any way believe that cancer has been a "blessing" to me. And honestly say that it is hard for me to find one positive thing about it. This saying, I was diagnosed at stage IV. Maybe if I was diagnosed at stage I and felt there was a cure, I would be a little more positive. I have young children and it hurts like crazy knowing what the prognosis is...so sorry if I'm not doing a happy dance lately. But I have not given up on life or living. I do travel more, take more time to spend with my kids and do appreciate the beauty of nature. There's just always this sadness in me that I can't seem to shake. I will fight this with all I have, I have just had too many people that I love and care for die of cancer, so I know what i'm facing. My brother is in the last stages of melanoma at the moment, it's in his liver. He was a big strong guy, who was a body builder..now he's just weak and half his self. It's just been a hard year for me and hopefully I can shake what I've been feeling lately so that I can enjoy things more...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote