View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
TriciaK

I had lung mets show up in 2004 after I had a heart attack. They did a CT scan preparing me for heart surgery and found the mets. I was on femara, navelbine and herceptin for 6 months or so, then herceptin and femara for 15 months. I am still on femara, but have been NED for the past two years.I finally had the heart surgery in May of 2006 and am doing well. Now plueral effusion and something else showed up on my last PET/Ct scan a couple of months ago. A Bronchoscopy shows no malignancy but the doctors would like to do a needle biopsy of the lung to double check. At the moment I have declined but may change my mind. I have another CT scan scheduled for June and if something worrisome is still showing up will definitely have the biopsy, if I don't decide to have it earlier. I had three small nodules in my left lung in 2004 which we would not have found until too late, except for the heart attack. Not too many people can say a heart attack saved their life, but I can! Being her2 this time, I probably would not have survived very long if we hadn't found the mets. I had BC first in my right breast in 1984, had a bilateral mastectomy because the left one also showed some possibility of cancer, then had mets to my spine in 1990. I had been so long NED after that , I would not even have thought about cancer mets showing up again except for the heart attack. Hope you do well with your mets---there are more things available now to fight with than ever before. I believe cancer may not be curable, but it is certainly controllable. I think of it much like diabetes. One can live a long life with it by being vigilant and being aware of new treatments. There is no better place than this website to keep on top of it all, and meet others who are fighting too and understand. Hang in there! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote