View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
TriciaK

Cathy, I couldn't agree more! I am convinced that staying positive is one of the main reasons I have made it through 21 years of fighting cancer, and especially since June 2004 when I was fighting a heart attack, BC mets to my lungs and phuemonia, then open heart surgery last May! I learned self hynosis and put it into daily practice. I never say "I have cancer" but "I am fighting cancer". When my oncologist told me I might have another year to live, I told him, "No, I have at least 5 years to live!" That was almost three years ago. I couldn't have done it without a wonderful supportive husband and a large loving family. I also give much credit to this wonderful website and all you Amazon warriors who keep fighting. You are absolutely right on, Cathy, and so are all the others who have and will agree with you about avoiding the negative. Only God knows when our time will be up, and I understand it may possibly be negotiated with Him, too! Keep on a'keepin' on! Thank you for your post. We need to be reminded to "accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative"! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote